Easy One-Pot Pasta

Quick, easy, and satisfying—it's the perfect weeknight dinner!

Ingredients
  • 8 ounces dry pasta*, gluten-free or regular
  • 8 ounces grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 small zucchini, chopped and quartered
  • 3 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 1/4 cup pasta sauce of choice
  • 2 1/2 cups water
  • 3 ounces fresh spinach
Method

1. Add the uncooked pasta to a large pot (or pan with deep sides). Add the remaining ingredients – except for the spinach – and mix well. Bring the pot to a boil over high heat.
  2. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook the pasta for 10-14 minutes, until al-dente. Stir the mixture every 2 minutes to prevent anything from sticking to the bottom of the pan. (Note: cooking times will vary based on the type of pasta used. I suggest you start to check for doneness based on the minimum cook time on the package instructions)
  3. Turn the heat off and fold the spinach into the pasta. Once the spinach has wilted, divide the pasta into serving bowls and top as desired. This recipe is best enjoyed fresh, but leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.

dish2.JPG
A fuss-free meal perfect for a cozy night in! Image Credit: From My Bowl

This recipe was sourced from the site From My Bowl. For more of their recipes, click here!